1. Chartered Accountants Ireland ("we") reserves the right to change the content, presentation, performance, user facilities and availability of any part of this website and any services provided through this website at its sole discretion, including these terms and conditions of use, and you should check these terms and conditions of use regularly for any changes.
2. The information, content, graphics, text, sounds, images, buttons, trademarks, service marks, trade names and logos (the "Materials") contained in this website are protected by copyright, trademark, database right, sui generis right and other intellectual property laws, under national laws and international treaties. Chartered Accountants Ireland and/or its licensors (as the case may be) retain all right, title, interest and intellectual property rights in and to the Materials. Nothing in these terms and conditions of use shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any licence or right under any copyright, patent, trade mark, database right, sui generis right or other intellectual property or proprietary interest of Chartered Accountants Ireland, its licensors or any third party.
3. You are granted a limited licence solely for your own personal non-commercial use to refer to and/or bookmark any page within this website and to download the materials contained in this website to a single personal computer and to print a single hard copy of the Materials contained on this website for your own personal reference, provided however that all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices are left intact. The grant of this limited licence is conditional on your agreement to, and compliance with, all of these terms and conditions. Any other use of the Materials on this website, including any form of distribution, re-publication or re-delivery using framing technology without the prior written consent of Chartered Accountants Ireland is strictly prohibited and is in violation of the proprietary rights of Chartered Accountants Ireland and/or its licensors.
4. Only persons registered as members of Chartered Accountants Ireland ("Members") may access the "Members Section" of this website (the "Services").
5. You agree:
(a) To provide certain current complete and accurate information as prompted to do so by the website, and
(b) In the case of Members, to maintain and notify us of updates to this information as required to enable us to keep it current, complete and accurate.
6. You grant to Chartered Accountants Ireland the right to disclose to third parties certain registration data about you in the aggregate; however such disclosure shall exclude information which can be used to identify you on an individual basis unless
ICAI is required to discuss the information by any applicable law, agency or legal process, or in order to protect and defend the property rights of Chartered Accountants Ireland and/or its licensors.
7. In consideration of being allowed to use the Services and/or this website provided by Chartered Accountants Ireland, you agree that you will not use the Services or this website to engage in any activities that:
(a) infringe the proprietary or intellectual property rights or trade secrets of Chartered Accountants Ireland and/or its licensors and/or third parties;
(b) compromise the privacy of others
(c) are in violation of local, state, or national laws of any country;
(d) destroy the integrity of any data or other computer based information.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless Chartered Accountants Ireland against any claims, proceedings and actions taken and all damages (including costs) that may be awarded or agreed to be paid to any third party in respect of any claim or action arising as a result of your breach of this condition.
8. Chartered Accountants Ireland reserves the right to prevent your further access to the Services and/or this website for violating these terms and conditions or the law.
9. Chartered Accountants Ireland retains the right to terminate your rights to use the Services and/or this website or restrict availability of or to discontinue the Services and/or this website at anytime without cause, and without any liability to you.
10. You acknowledge and agree that certain technical processing of your communications and their content may be required to:
(a) Send and receive messages,
(b) Conform to connecting networks' technical requirements,
(c) Conform to the limitations of the Services, or
(d) Conform to other similar requirements.
You acknowledge such processing and alteration are automated and do not constitute the exercise of editorial control over the messages or the monitoring of message content.
11. Occasionally Chartered Accountants Ireland may
(a) Change the technical specifications of the Services; or
(b) Suspend the Services for operational reasons such as repair, maintenance or improvement of the Services or because of an emergency.
12. Chartered Accountants Ireland makes no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or that the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free, nor does ICAI make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from the use of the Services, or as to the accuracy or reliability of any information obtained through the Services or that defects in the Services will be corrected. You agree that Chartered Accountants Ireland has no liability for failure of any Service to function on your computer equipment.You acknowlege that Chartered Accountants Ireland is not an internet service provider and is not responsible for service levels of internet-related services or facilities that are not under Chartered Accountants Ireland's direct control.
13. You acknowledge and agree that after leaving the Chartered Accountants Ireland website, whether via a hypertext link or otherwise, we cannot be responsible in any way for any material that you encounter and we exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all liability that may arise with respect to or as a result of such material causing any damage, costs, injury or financial loss of any kind.
14. In accessing this website, you do so at your own risk and on your own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with local laws, to the extent any local laws are applicable. These terms and conditions of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland, and you hereby agree for the benefit of Chartered Accountants Ireland, and without prejudice to the right of Chartered Accounants Ireland to take proceedings in relation to these terms and conditions of use before any other court of competent jurisdiction, that the courts of Ireland shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine any action or proceedings that may arise out of or in connection with these terms and conditions of use, and for such purposes you irrevocably submit to the jurisdiction of such courts.
15. Any waiver of any provision of these terms and conditions must be in writing and signed by Chartered Accountants Ireland to be valid. A waiver of any provision hereunder shall not operate as a waiver of any other provision, or a continuing waiver of the same provision in the future. If any court of competent jurisdiction finds any provision of these terms and conditions to be void or unenforceable for any reason, then such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of the court's finding without affecting the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. These terms and conditions, and our privacy statement represent the entire understanding and agreement between you and Chartered Accountants Ireland relating to use of this website, and supersede any and all prior statements, understandings or agreements whether oral or written, and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by you and by Chartered Accountants IrelandI.
Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, neither Chartered Accoutnants Ireland nor any of its officers, council, directors, employees, affiliates or other representatives will be liable for loss or damages arising out of or in connection with your use of, or your inability to use, the Materials, and/or goods, facilities or services offered through this website or from any unauthorised access or alteration of this website, including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss or damages, loss of data, income, profit or opportunity, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties, even if Chartered Accountants Ireland has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damages, or such loss or damages were reasonably foreseeable. In no event shall Chartered Accountants Ireland's liability to you exceed €100.00. In using this website, you are agreeing, and you are signifying your agreement, to be bound by this limitation on the liability of Chartered Accountants Ireland.
1. All use by you of this website and/or the Services is at your own risk. You assume complete responsibility for all risk of loss resulting from your downloading and/or using of or referring to or relying on Materials or any other information obtained from your use of this website. You agree that Chartered Accountants Ireland will not be liable for damages arising out of your use or your inability to use this website and you hereby waive any and all claims with respect thereto whether based on contract, tort or other grounds.
2. This website and the Services are available to all users "as is" without any representations or warranties of any kind, either express or implied. To the greatest extent permitted by applicable law, Chartered Accountants Ireland excludes any warranty expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise as to the quality, accuracy, timeliness, completeness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the Materials and/or the Services, and/or materials, goods, facilities and/or services advertised or purchased via this website.
3. Chartered Accountants Ireland expressly disclaims any and all liability for any infection by computer virus, bug, tampering, unauthorised access, intervention, alteration or use, fraud, theft, technical failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, or any event or occurrence beyond the control of Chartered Accountants Ireland, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness and integrity or proper conduct of any aspect of this website. There are certain inherent risks in using the Internet and the World Wide Web.
4.Chartered Accountants Ireland makes no representations, warranties or undertakings about any content of or information on any other website referred to or accessed by hypertext link through this website or from which this website is referred to or accessed by hypertext link ("third party site"). We do not endorse or approve the content of any third party site, nor will we have any liability in connection with any third party site (including but not limited to liability arising out of any allegation that the content of or information on any third party site infringes any law or the rights of any person or entity). No judgment or warranty is made with respect to the accuracy, timeliness or suitability of the content of any third party site, and any and all liability which might arise out of, or in connection with, your use or reliance on the content of or information on, or the performance of, any third party site is excluded.
5. Any Materials, content or information received on or via this website should not be relied on for important personal, financial or business decisions and you should consult an appropriate professional for advice which is specifically tailored to your particular circumstances. Materials, content and information received via this website is supplied by sources believed to be reliable. However, calculations made using such Materials, content and information and opinions expressed in relation to such Materials, content and information are not guaranteed by these sources, Chartered Accountants Ireland, or any other person or entity, and may not be complete.