Developments of interest this week are outlined.
- Companies (Accounting) Bill 2016 - Update. As noted in e-news last week, the record of the Seanad debate from Committee Stage on Wednesday 12 April noted that the Bill was “reported without amendment” and the Report Stage in the Seanad is “ordered for Tuesday 18 April 2017”. We have subsequently been informed, however, that the Report Stage is now scheduled for Tuesday 9 May on the return of the Seanad from recess.
- A GoAML information free event will take place at CA House, 47-49 Pearse St., Dublin 2 from 8.30am until 10am on Wednesday 10 May.
- The CRO has issued its regular gazette.
- The Financial Reporting Council (FRC) have issued their Consultation and Impact Assessment Proposal to revised Practice Note 15.
- The recently released annual Business Plan gives details of the specific areas of work the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is prioritising for the next year.