530D Deduction authorisation.
(1) Where a principal notifies the Revenue Commissioners in accordance with section 530C, the Revenue Commissioners shall issue a deduction authorisation to the principal in respect of the relevant payment to which the notification relates.
(2) A deduction authorisation issued under subsection (1) shall—
(a) specify, in accordance with section 530E, the rate of tax to be deducted from the payment, including, as appropriate, zero, and
(b) authorise the principal concerned to deduct a specified sum of tax or no tax from the relevant payment.
(3) At the end of each return period, the Revenue Commissioners shall issue a deduction summary to each registered principal in respect of that return period.
(4) The Revenue Commissioners shall issue deduction authorisations and deduction summaries by electronic means.
(5) The Revenue Commissioners shall make regulations for the purposes of this section and such regulations may provide for—
(a) the type of electronic means to be used by the Revenue Commissioners,
(b) the format of such communication,
(c) the period of validity of deduction authorisations including circumstances in which they shall be deemed to be cancelled,
(d) the obligations on principals to satisfy themselves that deduction summaries accurately reflect details of all relevant payments made, and tax deducted, in the return period concerned, and
(e) any other related matters.