530S Record keeping.
(1) Before giving a notification to the Revenue Commissioners under section 530C, a principal shall obtain from the sub-contractor concerned an invoice setting out appropriate details of the work giving rise to the payment and bearing the subcontractor’s name, business address and tax reference number.
(2) Where a relevant contract is being performed by a gang or group of persons (including persons in partnership), the invoice required under subsection (1) shall bear the name, business address and tax reference number of the gang or group and the names of the individual members of the gang or group.
(3) Every subcontractor shall furnish to a principal, on request, all such information or particulars as are required by the principal to enable the principal to comply with this Chapter.
(4) (a) Without prejudice to other provisions of the Tax Acts, each subcontractor shall keep and maintain a record of all relevant payments received by him or her and the record shall state, in relation to each such payment, the date of the payment, the amount of the payment, the amount of tax, if any, deducted from the payment by the principal and the name of the person from whom the payment was received.
(b) Each subcontractor shall keep and maintain each copy of a deduction authorisation supplied by a principal under section 530F(4).
(5) Without prejudice to other provisions of the Tax Acts, the obligations contained in subsections (3) and (4) of section 886 to keep and retain records and linking documents apply to all records, documents or other data created or maintained manually or by any electronic means for the purposes of this Chapter.
(6) The Revenue Commissioners may make Regulations for the purposes of this section and such Regulations may provide for—
(a) the creation, keeping and retention of records by principals by electronic or other means, and
(b) the creation, keeping and retention of records by subcontractors by electronic or other means.