531AS Universal social charge payable by chargeable persons (within the meaning of Part 41).
(1) Universal social charge payable for a tax year in respect of an individual’s aggregate income for a tax year, being an individual who is a chargeable person (within the meaning of
>Part 41<), shall be due and payable in all respects as if it were an amount of income tax due and payable by the chargeable person under the Income Tax Acts, but without regard to >section 1017<.
(2) An individual who, by virtue of section 140, 141, 142, 143, 195, 232, 234, or 664, would not be treated as a chargeable person (within the meaning of
>Part 41<) in respect of the individual’s aggregate income for a tax year, shall be treated as such a chargeable person for the purposes of this Part.
(3) Universal social charge may be stated in one sum (in this section referred to as the “aggregated sum”) with the amount of income tax contained in any computation of, or any assessment or assessments to, income tax made by or on such an individual as is referred to in subsection (1).
(4) For the purposes of subsection (2) universal social charge may be so stated as referred to in subsection (3) notwithstanding that there is no amount of income tax contained in the computation, assessment or assessments, and all the provisions of the Tax Acts, other than any such provisions in so far as they relate to the granting of any allowance, deduction or relief, shall apply as if the aggregated sum were a single sum of income tax.
(5) Where universal social charge is payable for the tax year 2011 in respect of an individual’s aggregate income for a tax year, being an individual who is a chargeable person (within the meaning of
>Part 41<), >section 958< shall apply and have effect as if, in accordance with this Part, universal social charge had been payable for the tax year 2010 and as if income levy had not been payable for that tax year.