959I Obligation to make a return.
(1) Every chargeable person shall as respects a chargeable period prepare and deliver to the Collector-General on or before the specified return date for the chargeable period a return in the prescribed form.
(2) The prescribed form referred to in subsection (1) may include such matters in relation to gift tax and inheritance tax as may be required by that form.
(3) Where under this Chapter a person delivers a return to the Collector-General, the person shall be deemed to have been required by a notice under section 877 to deliver a statement containing the matters and particulars contained in the return or to have been required by a notice under section 879, 880 or 884 to deliver the return, as the case may be.
(4) A chargeable person shall prepare and deliver to the Collector-General, a return for a chargeable period as required by this Chapter notwithstanding that the chargeable person has not received a notice to prepare and deliver a statement or return for that period under section 877, 879, 880 or 884, as the case may be.
(5) Nothing in the specified provisions or in a notice given under any of those provisions shall operate so as to require a chargeable person to deliver a return for a chargeable period on a date earlier than the specified return date for the chargeable period.