(1)Subsection (2) shall apply if a REIT or group REIT gives a notice in writing to the Revenue Commissioners specifying a date from which it will cease to be a REIT or group REIT, as the case may be.
(2) The company or group shall cease to be a REIT or group REIT, as the case may be, at the date specified in the notice referred to in subsection (1).
(3) The specified date shall be a date on or after the date of the notice referred to in subsection (1).
(4) In accordance with section 705M(3), the authorised officer may by written notice state that any company or group shall cease to be a REIT or group REIT, as the case may be.
(5) The date the company or group ceases to be a REIT or group REIT, as the case may be, shall be a date specified by the authorised officer in the notice referred to in subsection (4).
(6) Where a notice is given under subsection (4), the REIT or group REIT to which the notice is given may, within 30 days from the date of such notice, appeal to the Appeal Commissioners and the Appeal Commissioners shall hear the appeal in all respects as if it were an appeal against an assessment.
(7) The notice of appeal referred to in subsection (6) shall be given in writing to the authorised officer.
(6) A REIT aggrieved by a notice given to it by an authorised officer under subsection (4) may appeal the notice to the Appeal Commissioners, in accordance with section 949I, within the period of 30 days after the date of that notice.
Inserted by FA13 s41(c). Deemed to have come into force and takes effect on and from 1 January 2013.
Substituted by F(TA)A15 s38(2). With effect from 21 March 2016 per S. I. No 110 of 2016.