530M Late returns and amendments.
(1) Notwithstanding the requirements of section 530K(1), a principal may make or amend the return required by that section after the due date relating to that return.
(2) Without prejudice to section 530F, where a principal makes or amends a return in accordance with subsection (1), then—
(a) the amount of tax specified on that return shall be due and payable by that principal to the Revenue Commissioners, and
(b) that principal shall be subject to a surcharge of €100.
(3) The Revenue Commissioners shall serve notice on the principal of the total amount of tax and surcharge due and payable under this section for the return period or periods concerned.
(4) Where enforcement action for the recovery of tax specified in a return made or deemed made under section 530K has been taken, this section shall not apply until that action has been completed, unless the Revenue Commissioners otherwise direct.
(5) The Revenue Commissioners shall make regulations for the purposes of this section and such regulations may provide for—
(a) the type of electronic means by which principals shall communicate with the Revenue Commissioners,
(b) the format of such communication,
(c) the circumstances in which and the means by which a principal may, as appropriate, accept or reject data contained in the deduction summary for the purposes of submitting the return required by this section,
(d) the circumstances in which and the means by which a transaction may, as appropriate, be carried forward into a deduction summary of the subsequent return period,
(e) the obligations, as appropriate, of a principal in relation to a payment notified to the Revenue Commissioners under section 530C which the principal no longer intends to make,
(f) the circumstances in which and the means by which a principal is required to include transactions in a return,
(g) the format of returns which can be made in a case where a principal is appealing an assessment under section 530N, and
(h) any other related matters.