Chartered Accountancy Is:
Chartered Accountancy is the number one professional business and accountancy qualification in Ireland. Some of the differences between Chartered Accountancy and other bodies include:
- Better pass rates: our exam success rate is high – in fact more people pass our exams than those of other accountancy bodies. In 2013, the pass rate for Chartered Accountants Ireland students in the final year examinations was 63% – nine percentage points higher than CIMA and eight points higher than ACCA. (Source: Professional Oversight Board, Key Facts & Trends, June 2014)
- The fastest route to qualify: 78% of Chartered Accountancy students are fully qualified in four years or less – faster than students of other accountancy bodies.
- Fewer exams when compared with other accountancy bodies.
- The route to the top of the career ladder – four out of ten of our members are at senior, executive positions in business – CEO, Finance Director, Partner etc.
- Education is not outsourced to third party colleges, meaning the education delivery is kept to the highest standard, resulting in better pass rates and quicker completion times for our students. With over 6,500 students, Chartered Accountants Ireland is the single biggest educator of professional accountancy students in Ireland.
- International recognition: with Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRAs) with fellow Chartered bodies around the world, you can take your qualification with you around the globe. Chartered Accountants Ireland is the only UK & Ireland based accountancy body to have an MRA with AICPA, the number one accountancy designation in the United States.
- Support on the ground – in addition to delivering our own education, our team of student advisors in Dublin and Belfast are here to respond quickly to your queries. In addition, our student society, CASSI, provides academic and social supports for all students.
- Now with over 24,500 members, Chartered Accountants Ireland is the biggest accountancy body in Ireland. 3,900 of our members are based in Northern Ireland and over 1,100 of our students are resident in Northern Ireland.