Authorise to train

How do I apply?

Complete and return the application to our Training Support Unit.

You will received written confirmation of your award, with the Excellence in Training certificate. You will be contacted by our Training Support Unit to arrange the authorisation meeting.

New RTO applicants

First draft a brief job description, outline what the trainee would be involved in the first six months, year one, year two and so on. You may need to consider job rotations in your business.  This document will then assist you draw up a job spec and a training plan.  Using the CA Diary help sheet called CA Diary Quick Guide to structure the areas of experience.

What to have ready for the authorisation meeting

Ideally a job spec for the potential trainee, with an outline of the range of experience you will give in year one, two and three of the training contract.  An outline of the supervision structures you will have in place and an overview of your business.  If you are in practice information on client base is relevant and in business an outline of the business you are in, and turnover.

Supports are available to the RTO

We host a free job page called the Training Vacancies list that you can post vacancies for trainees that you can avail of. 

Registration renewal

The Training support unit meets with all registered training offices on a 3.5 year cycle to renew authorisation. Following the initial authorisation there is a one year follow up, and then the RTO goes to the 3.5 year cycle. 

Recommended downloads

Have a query?

If you have a query, please refer to our Support & Services page and contact the relevant department with your query.

Was this article helpful?