Procedures for Quality Audit (PQA), the popular audit toolkit from Chartered Accountants Ireland, is designed to assist practitioners in the planning, execution and documentation of audit work, effectively, efficiently, and in compliance with International Standards on Auditing (UK& Ireland).
It is suitable for use on audits in both the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.
PQA 2010 has been updated to reflect the clarified International Standards on Auditing (UK & Ireland) (clarified ISAs), which were issued in October 2009 by the Auditing Practices Board, and which apply to audits of financial statements for periods ending on or after 15 December 2010.
PQA 2010 also has a number of exciting new and improved features,including:
- An increased focus on practical auditing;
- Useful tools to increase audit efficiency;
- A template set of ISQC1 procedures, to assist firms in drawing up their own procedures;
- An extension of the popular Common Omissions Aide Memoirs,based on recurring issues seen by the Practice Consulting Consultants when visiting firms;
- A new pro forma Audit Planning Memorandum, in Word, to facilitate completion;
- A pro-forma Significant Matters section for recording and clearing audit issues, again in Word;
- Lead schedules for key audit areas;
- Additional procedures to assist the auditor deal with the topics of the day.
To allow users move smoothly and efficiently to the new procedures, PQA 2010 retains the same familiar users’ road map, facilitating easy navigation of the programme.
It is available on CD or in hardcopy format.
The CD version will allow users to perform audits using an Excel spreadsheets format that can be enhanced by supporting schedules and can be linked to clients’ files.
* There is an annual renewal fee payable of €339/£236 + VAT on the first anniversary of purchase of the CD, and annually thereafter.
For more information Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 01 6377300.
**Firms in Northern Ireland that are VAT registered are not liable for VAT (please quote VAT number).
About the author
Chartered Accountants Ireland