Deadline for self-assessment registration approaching

Oct 02, 2017

If you or your client became self-employed or started receiving income from property, during the 2016-17 tax year, the deadline to register with HMRC is later this week on 5 Oc‌to‌be‌r. Penalties may arise should registration be late.

You should submit a form CWF1 for self-employment or form SA1 for non self-employed income to HMRC.

Take a look at the toolkits HMRC has, containing comprehensive guidance that address the most common errors seen in filed self-assessment tax returns, as well as a checklist of the key issues to look out for.